Monday, October 18, 2010

Views of the Alliance

1st October 2010
I'm actually quite mellow towards most of the alliance.

Us Tauren, see, have been wandering around Kalimdor and never even set hoof in the Eastern Kingdoms, and so haven't had much experience at all with the humans, dwarves, or gnomes. We know of the night elves - it's hard not to. Thousands of years ago they went bugnuts insanse with magic power from the Well of Eternity, built a massive empire over the whole world, and then there was a lot of nastiness with the Burning Legion, followed by the night elves blowing up the world. They went kindof invisible after that, and who can blame them.

I mean, they BLEW UP the world!

But that was ten thousand years ago. Night elves now are alright and trying hard not to blow up the world again. Though they do occasionally give off an impression of, "I'm thoroughly ancient and know oodles more than you do and so can tell you you're about to do something stupid," which gets *really* annoying.

Then the lady night elf you're talking to does her bounce-bounce thing, acting like some hyperactive kid, and it shatters her holier-than-thou impression. Plus you get kindof distracted.

Anyway, rapidly moving on.

I owe one particular lady night elf a great debt. When I was just a young calfling there was this big centaur raid on my tribe's camp, me and my sister got separated from the rest of the tribe, and she and I were practically done for. Then out of the trees there burst this massive bear that made short work of that centaur.

O'course, it wasn't actually a bear but a lady night elf druidess in her Dire Bear form. She changed back into a night elf, and we couldn't understand a word she said. But she wasn't trying to kill us, didn't *sound* dangerous, and was smiling at us. She pointed roughly in the direction of our camp.

And she did her bounce-bounce thing.

I must admit, I stared slack-jawed. Sis elbowed me good and dragged me towards the campground, mumbling something about elven hussies. But if it wasn't for that lady night elf Sis and I would have been dead that day.

Years later I was a young druidling, in the Moonglade for the first time to seek out the Great Bear Spirit, and what do you know but I ran into that very same lady night-elf again.

This time she knew a little Taurahe and I knew a little bit of the Darnassian Night Elf lingo. It was certainly enough for me to go, "It's you!" and her to say, "Ohmygoddess it's you!" and for us to swap names. Turns out she's Shukeralle Wildsong.

Yeah, I know, a typically poncy night elf name. Though when she heard my name, she mumbled something about typical Tauren names. Or possibly she said something about the virility of my horns. Darnassian can be tricky sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment