Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hallowed luck

My policy when it comes to the Random Number Goddess of Luck, is to not rely on her at all, and offer a prayer of thanks if she ever smiles on me and I get a lucky drop. Like, say, a nice piece of armor drops from a dungeon boss, or the mount from a seasonal event boss.

Back during Brewfest, I completely forgot this policy and fought Coren Direbrew every day - not that this had any effect on his raids on the Brewfest grounds. I guess he was getting resurrected just as fast as we adventurers were killing him. Anyway, so every day I was grouping up and entering Blackrock Depths, and then smashing Coren Direbrew in the face a lot, hoping desperately that this one time, the Random Number Goddess of Luck would smile on me and grace me with a Brewfest-styled kodo. My kodos, Ben One and Ben Two, get a bit lonely sometimes. A Brewfest Ben would have been a nice addition to the family, right?

Sadly, there was no Brewfest Ben, and I cursed my bad luck.

Then along came Hallow's End, and I dutifully grouped up to take on the Headless Horseman to stop his mad rampages throughout Azeroth.


I wasn't even after it, and after only a few of days of fighting against the Horseman, I got one of his horses.

To celebrate, I ate far far too much candy, and got very very sick. Not a good combination when you have a magically-refilling beer keg and aren't happy with the Darker And Edgier way the Horde is going...


 I found myself outside in short order.


I do believe my Wolpertinger said, "Foolishness, thy name is Donda."  Or pehaps she just said Snufflecluckle.  I was a bit drunk at the time, I can't be sure.


I self-exiled myself to Dalaran, ate some more magic candy, and promptly found myself larger and oranger.  I've always been large, but here I am, absolutely towering over a couple of elves.

I think the moral of the story is I should just return to my former policy of not relying on the luck of random numbers, and just treat anything I do get as a nice bonus.

Postscript:  Good lord, Garrosh Hellscream.  You look even more ridiculous than ever, with that big branch around your neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment