Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Alright, *that* almost felt like the End of the World

It's official - Garrosh Hellscream makes the worst decisions ever and is the worst warchief imaginable.  I'm with Vol'Jin - Garrosh is no Warchief of mine.

I miss Cairne.  If only *he* had won that duel with Garrosh.  Then we'd have a sensible leader in charge of the Horde, and we wouldn't have to put up with Garrosh's idiocy.

Orgrimmar has been rebuilt after getting rather wrecked during the Shattering.  Problem is, Garrosh (may the murdering idiot be cursed forevermore) was in charge of the rebuilding and now the place is all black and spiky and looks like it's made of saronite.

Orgrimmar is now also extremely racially segregated.  Thrall was a true leader, that tried to bring us all together.  Garrosh just polarises everyone and has pushed the trolls to the edges.  I dropped in to check out the troll district - they're downstream from the goblin slums and their terrible pollution.

Once upon a time, before the Horde came to Kalimdor, I thought of all trolls as savage cannibalistic barbarians.  So it's rather odd that I like them so much more than anyone else in the Horde and feel sorry for how Garrosh is treating them.

With Orgrimmar rebuilt, I once again find myself getting lost all the time.  Once upon a time the guards put up with me constantly asking for directions as I tried to make my way around their city.  Now they're extremely aggressive and almost hostile to my requests for simple directions.

I'm just going to avoid Orgrimmar as much as possible.

Another place I'm avoiding is Ashenvale.  Thrall kept the Warsong clan in check, slowing down their lumber efforts in Ashenvale.  But with Garrosh in charge, who decides to solve problems with axes rather than words?  Who's rebuilt Orgrimmar with a suspiciously large amount of wood?  Who's wearing giant tree branches around his neck and shoulders?  I dread to think what he's done to Ashenvale.

The day before the Shattering, before everything changed - I was fighting alongside Cairne in the elemental invasions.  I feel honoured to have fought alongside him at least once.

I still miss him.

In other news, Annekah has been living at the reclaimed Echo Isles for a while, and has finally started training as a druid.  She says she's got lots of pictures and is just brimming with excitement.  I'm glad one of us is excited.  Me?  I dread where the world is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment